Home of the Raccoons – Building a Community Where Children Thrive.
Important Things to Remember
1) First bell rings at 8:25am every day. The grade doors lock at 8:30am.
2) If your student is going to be absent, please contact the office first thing in the morning to notify us of the reason for their absence.
3) Vacation Forms are available from the main office. If your student will be out of school for a vacation for more than three days, you will need this form. It must be filled out and turned in to your teacher 2 days PRIOR to the vacation dates in order for us to make it a vacation absence. (*Please note that each student is only allowed 10 vacation absences per school year.)
4) Volunteers/Visitors all need to sign in /out at the front desk when helping in the school or visiting during regular school hours.
5) If you are going to be volunteering in your student’s class, you will need to complete the "Code of Conduct" training annually. All volunteers who have "significant unsupervised access" to children, this would include Field Trips, must complete a volunteer form and get fingerprinted at the Jordan School District offices. You'll need signed and dated paperwork from our school's main office before setting up an appointment at the district. If you have been fingerprinted, by the Jordan School District, since July 2015 you will not need to be re-fingerprinted.
6) If you must check your students out during the school day, you need to come to the office and sign them out. We encourage you to schedule appointments and other activities after school and during the vacation breaks. It is so important for students not to lose valuable in class instruction.
7) Utah Weather – Please be sure your student is dressed appropriately for our varying Utah weather. For cold days, please be sure to send coats, hats, and gloves with your students. Students will be lining up outside in the morning and going outside for recess when the temperature outside, accounting for wind chill, is 25 degrees or above.
8) Please be sure to label all of your student’s items with a name and phone number. Our lost and found is often bulging at the seams. We work hard to return lost items to the rightful owner, but without a name it is very difficult.
9) Administration of Medication Policy - Necessary forms are available in the main office; the Administration authorizes the following guidelines for administering medication to students:
MEDICATION ADMINISTRATION GUIDELINES:
School personnel may administer prescription medication or nonprescription (over-the-counter) medication to a student during the regular school day only when the medication has been prescribed by the student’s licensed health care provider and the school principal receives:
A current Medical Authorization Form signed by the student’s parent or legal guardian and a current Medication Authorization Form completed by thehealth care provider.
The Medication Authorization Form must be resubmitted at the beginning of each school year the medication is continued and each time a medication is prescribed or changed.
All medication that is to be given at school must be furnished by the parent or guardian and delivered to the school by a responsible adult.
Please be sure that all medications expiration date is current and will remain so for the whole school year.